How to make
- Cut the taleggio and speck into bite-sized pieces.
- Chop the onion.
- Put the butter oil in a frypan, and heat the onion on low heat.
- Once the onion starts showing some color, add in the speck and cook until lightly golden and slightly crispy.
- Add the taleggio and cook over low heat until the cheese is melted. Put some pasta cooking liquid in the pan if necessary.
- Cook gnocchi in boiling water until they rise to the top. Drain and place them in the pan. Heat over medium, stirring constantly.
- Serve with a sprinkling of the grated parmigiano reggiano and a grating of black pepper.
If you do not have the speck, you can use the pancetta as well.